Saturday, November 3, 2012

Remembering My Dad: A Poem in honor of his Birthday and Memory

Remembering my Dad in a very special way
Reflecting on his life and what would've been his 76th Birthday
Reminiscences of his smile and the funny things he used to say

Wishing he was still here to see my baby girl laugh & play
Missing him...
so much but it's okay
He often told me even death couldn't keep us apart
And he was right cause his spirit lives on
here in the depths of my heart

When I was just a little shorty
he used to stand me on top his feet
Together we'd sway to the rhythm of the music,
As One we'd dance in harmony to the sound of the beat

Oh how I wish I could go back in time
and dance with my father like that again
But since I can't I'll hold my baby girl
in my arms tonight and dance with her in his memory
like the song has no end
And my Love for my Dad in spirit I'll send

~Anna Ms.Poet Hendricks
In honor & memory of my Dad, William L. Hendricks
(November 2, 1936 - May 16, 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment