Sunday, April 24, 2011

Black Butterfly

From the tomb of darkness inside my cocoon,
I know my metamorphosis will be complete soon.
I see a beam of light as I begin to break free,
A major transformation is occurring within me.

Merely existing when my soul longs to live,
experiencing so little of this thing called life,
yet having so much within me to give.

With no idea where I'm going,
I’m certain inside this cocoon
I can no longer stay,
So to my Holy creator I silently pray,
As I prepare to step out on faith
letting love lead the way,
Trusting my Spirit guides
will not lead me astray.
Unsure of what the future holds
Yet, certain I’ll be okay,
No more inching through life as
a green caterpillar,
the time has come for me to see a new day.

For I deeply believe it’s my spiritual responsibility,
to live up to my God given potentiality.
So of my self imposed limitations I must break free,
Then take this beautiful vision of myself from within,
that so clearly I see…
and make it my reality...
As I become the version of me
I was created to be.

Restless to the point I can no longer sleep
and I know…
It’s time to answer the call of my soul,
that desperately yearns to grow.
Yes, it’s time to spread my wings,
and let my authentic self show.
So I…soar to the sky
following the rhythm of my unique flow,
As I…feel the winds of change begin to blow
Destiny is calling and won’t
accept from me the answer, “no”
So up, up and away I go!
A One Love Production
By Anna "Ms. Poet" Hendricks
Copyright 2007, revised version 2011
Dedicated to all who are ready to resurrect their dreams


1 comment:

  1. Very inspirational. We should all strive to break free of our self-imposed limitations. The Creator is calling for us to fly higher. Nice poem.

    ReplyDelete