Sunday, November 13, 2016

Sunday's Food For Thought: He Who Holds My Future (Poem)

I can't control what goes on 
outside my door....
I can't control between
the rich and poor....
who pays less taxes and who pays more.

I can't control the attitudes, opinions,
and behavior of co-workers,
neighbors, family and friends....
And I certainly can't control  if life
as we know it in our country
will soon come to an end.

Yet, what I can control is 
my own state of mind....
I can control if I 
am critical, judgmental, and mean,
Or respectful, peaceful, and kind.

I can control whether or not,
I live in worry, anxiety, and fear,
Or walk by faith and not 
by sight....

I can choose to keep promoting
peace and harmony,
And let love be my guiding light....

I can also control my prayers,
And keep trusting God to be my protector
when I lay down to sleep at night.

No I can't control the future,
but I can surrender my future into
 God's hands....
And I can trust that God's divine
plans for me,
will always succeed over man's.


Dedicated to all those who are overwhelmed with fear, doubt, and anxiety about your personal future and the future of our great country. I invite you and hopefully through this poem have inspired you, to let your faith in God be greater than your fears of the world. And no matter what continue to practice peace and love.

Until next time....remember to keep your heart open and let your LOVE light shine!!!  

A One Love Production
By Anna MsPoet Hendricks
Copyright 2016


You can also follow me on Facebook@ https://www.facebook.com/InspirationalLoveNotes/

No comments:

Post a Comment