Monday, January 20, 2014

Special King Holiday Dedication:The Dream Continues


Although Friday's are my usual day to convey my Inspirational Love Note message through song. I  wanted my Love Note message for today to align with my dream and life purpose to help heal the hearts and bridge the gaps in our relationships with God, Self and others, that have been moderately to severely damaged or broken, by awakening, encouraging, and evoking the power of love in all humanity.

Equally so, I also wanted my message for today to align with the dream and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. to see peace and equality throughout humanity despite our differences of race, creed, religion or color which, like my dream, would also bridge the gaps in our relationships. So I thought about what both our dreams have in common the most. In doing so, I realized one aspect we share is that he was, as I am, a peaceful warrior. 

More importantly, he was, and I am, committed to using the power of love to make an impression upon the world that will continue to touch the lives of others for generations to come. So when I prayed for guidance on the best way to honor his dream while still staying true to my own the attached song and video, "A Dream", one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite Hip Hop Artist, Common, featuring Will I Am, from the movie, Freedom Writers soundtrack, immediately came to my mind.  

I am able to have and live my dream today because a brave soul by the name of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. came before me and dared to have a dream so big for humanity first. So in honor of the man...his legacy...and his dream we celebrate on today, King holiday, please take a moment to listen to the words of this song, enjoy the video and remember...although the dreamer is gone...the dream still lives on. 



Until next time...I surround you in LOVE & light! So always keep your heart open and let your love light shine bright. 


A One Love Production
By Anna "Ms.Poet" Hendricks
Copyright 2014
Reference: "A Dream", Common, music video, http://www.youtube.com/  

1 comment: