Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Something To Tuck Under Your Pillow: Never Underestimate The Power of God


Hello again beloveds! Can we talk candidly tonight?

Have you ever shared an idea of something you were seriously thinking about doing with someone close to you and they boldly told you they don't believe you're capable of doing it?

It really irritates me when people underestimate me. I find it really annoying when people take it upon themselves to tell me what they think I cannot do based on their limited thinking and perception of me.

I'm sure you have experienced this at some point before in your life as well. Right? And well...let's just admit it. It usually happens most often with people who have known you the longest, like family and close friends. For some strange reason they think because they've known you your whole life, or the better part of it, that they also know your capabilities best...even better than you.

So when you express something you're genuinely interested in doing, that in order to accomplish it would mean stepping outside the proverbial box they have put you in and kept you in your entire life, they seem to find it their place to boldly tell you they don't believe you can do it.

But truth is, no one knows you better than your Creator. No one knows what you are capable of doing or not better than God...your true Source. So when people tell me what they believe I can't do or accomplish it really irritates me. Because in my mind, when you underestimate me you are also underestimating my creator, the Most High God, that made me. How so?


Because God is my source and my strength. He is the one who has instilled in me the ability to do the things I am very well capable of doing. It is he who gives me the power to accomplish the things I set out to pursue and do. And the older I get, God's opinion is increasingly becoming the only one that really matters to me regarding what I'm able to accomplish or not.

The same is true for you too. God is your true source also. So let his opinion of what you're capable of doing be the only one that ultimately matters at the end of the day to you. Don't allow other people's limited perception of you to cause you to limit yourself. Don't hold back or back down from pursuing something God put in your heart and spirit to do just because the peanut gallery doesn't believe you can do it.

That being said, if there is something God has put in your heart to do, first of all it may be best to keep it to yourself for awhile until He works out at least most of the details for you. Also, everyone is not going to be on your same spiritual level of understanding and therefore will not be able to share you same level of faith about it as you or in you. Unfortunately, this means sometimes we have to walk alone for awhile in order to get where God is taking us.

Secondly, God gave
 you the vision not your family and friends. So although it does feel good to have the support and blessing of family and friends when your pursuing a desired dream or aspiration, they can't see the vision for it the way you can because God gave the vision to you not them. So they most likely won't get it the way you do or share your same level of enthusiasm about it as well. When this happens try not to take it personal.

Lastly, if you do decide to share your dream, aspirations, or plans with them and they tell you they don't believe, for whatever reason, you can accomplish what you have shared with them you have received in your heart to pursue, your best response to them should simply be the following quote from Philippians 4:13: "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

This is just a little Something To Tuck Under Your Pillow as you fall asleep tonight. 


Until next time....Remember to keep your heart open and your LOVE light on!!! Yours truly, Anna MsPoet Hendricks ~ Your Inspirational Goddess of Love


A One Love Production
By Anna MsPoet Hendricks
Copyright 2016

You can also follow me on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/InspirationalLoveNotes/

No comments:

Post a Comment