Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sunday's Food For Thought: After the Rain - A Poem For The Brokenhearted


The rain fell hard, 
like diamonds from the sky
As if the clouds just needed
to have a really good cry

Standing there, 
gazing out my window
I released a deep sigh
As I marveled at the perfect work
of our Holy Creator, 
The Most High

Yet, in the background,
just a short distance
across town
I could see the sun still shining
through a rainbow,
As the loud rumble of thunder
began to calm down

While still standing there
looking out my window,
A revelation of spirit
came over me
What some might call 
a spiritual epiphany

Either way,
 it was a moment
of clarity
Where suddenly...I was able
to vividly see
How the same truth about
that storm of nature,
also applied to the situation
I was going through
So I wrote this poem
to show how it applies
to you too

You see,
after the storms in life
that leaves you feeling
deep pain...
After the tears you cry
that falls from your eyes
like heavy rain...
Know that the light and love
of God in you and around you,
is like a rainbow 
of peace and hope
that will always remain



I originally began writing this poem two years ago and was led in spirit to finish it tonight to share with you. It was inspired by a personal situation, I had been going through for awhile at the time I began writing it, that I am currently just on the other side of God bringing me out of. It took five years for God to finally free me fully of that situation. Yet, that duration of time had far less to do with God's ability to deliver me from it and much more to do with the fact that it took that long for me to finally surrender the situation to God and allow him to deliver me from it.


So I dedicate this poem to every woman, every person, every soul like me that has endured, or is currently enduring, the healing process of a deeply wounded and broken heart. That, also like the personal experience I went through that inspired this poem, has left you feeling like an emotional hurricane has ripped through your life leaving behind all its toxic, negative, pain-filled debris for you to pick up the shattered pieces of your heart and figure out how to rebuild and love again. What I want to share with you most that I have come to learn from my personal, first hand experience of such a life storm as this, is that:

Although is may be hard to feel or see it right now...God is with you...and so is his Love. With that said, I encourage you to do as I did. Let his love for you, that is a love like no other, be the solace that comforts you through the storm, the promise of your new beginning, and the certainty that if you trust him you will indeed heal...and love again.

Until next time...Remember to keep your heart open and your LOVE light on!!!
Yours truly ~ Anna Ms. Poet Hendricks - Your Inspirational Goddess of Love


A One Love Production
By Anna M. Hendricks
Copyright 2016 



You can also follow me on Facebook @ https://www.facebook.com/InspirationalLoveNotes/






No comments:

Post a Comment