Sunday, July 31, 2016

Sunday's Food For Thought: Leaving A Legacy of Love




There is a famous quote by, essayist, poet, and philosopher, Henry David Thoreau that says, "When it comes time to die, let us not discover that we have never lived." I really like this train of thought. I also agree with the philosophy of it as well. However, I'd like to add my personal philosophy and creed for life to it by saying, when it comes to living, never let us reach the point of our life being over and discover we have never truly loved. 

In the world we live in today of social media that, in my opinion, does more harm than good to the nature of our relationships by promoting more separation than it does to encourage us to connect on a profound level beyond the superficiality and surface level of a persons public persona, it's difficult to really get to know anyone anymore. Added to that is the new form of communication of texting rather than calling to have a more in depth conversation. 

Then there's the dating scene where people's "representative" shows up rather than allowing you to get to know their authentic self. And, more times than not, this results with you falling in love with the person you "thought" they were only to be faced with the overwhelmingly painful and disappointing shock of discovering who they really are six months to a year later when all the mask finally come off the person they really are begins to show. 

As if that isn't enough to make you run from the thought of being in a relationship and the L word, there is the loss of beautiful dating rituals like chivalry that, for the most part these days, is either hard to still find or is virtually dead. With all these changes to relationships in the world we live in today it's no wonder so many people have pretty much resolved to just give up on love. But to give up on love is not only counter intuitive, it goes against the very nature of our soul and inner being.

We are created to have relationships and deep bonds with one another not remain isolated and alone. No matter how much people put on fronts, facades and try to deny it, truth is, deep down the thing we all have in common is that no one...not one single person....really wants to be alone. No matter how accomplished in your career and other area's of life you may be successful in, life is still so much sweeter with someone special to share it with who truly loves you , supports you, appreciates you, cherishes you, and inspires you to be the best version of yourself you can be.

True, we've all had bad breaks, disappointing, and painful relationship experiences where we have loved hard and still things didn't work out as we had hoped, intended, or planned. Let's face it, finding true love is not easy and maintaining it is even harder. It takes work and commitment from both partner's involved in order for love to continue to grow, blossom and last. Yes, a life with love will definitely have some thorns but life without love will have no roses. I don't know about you...but I love roses. They make the whole room more beautiful and filled with their sweet aroma that automatically puts me in a better mood. Having true love in your life has the same effect.

There's a song I love by a rapper named Fabolous called, Make Me Better, that features R&B singer Ne Yo on the hook that says, I'm a movement by myself but I'm a force when we're together."  The overall message of the song is that he's fully aware that on his own as a single man, he's incredibly successful, accomplished, strong and confident. But with his woman by his side truly loving him, supporting him and having his back...together they are a force to be reckoned with and nothing is impossible for them to achieve. That's what love does for us all and it's why I am a huge fan of this song. Because it totally supports my own personal philosophy in life and the moral of my message here today. 

As a single person myself, I too am fully aware of my strengths, my talents, my area's of assets and where I still have room to grow. I've gone after my dreams, at times, with fierce tenacity, fortitude, and perseverance. And for the most part I've accomplished many of the things that, when I took the time to really focus with a made up mind, I really wanted to achieve. Still, nothing will make my life feel as successful, when I come to the point of making my transition from this physical body and world, than to look back and see that I have truly loved and experienced true love in return. 

You see, my ultimate goal in life is not to leave a legacy of money, fortune, notoriety or fame. My biggest, deepest, most meaningful and most important aspiration, goal, and dream in life is to make my exit from this life leaving a legacy of love. To fail at accomplishing that goal would make me feel like I have not truly lived the life I set out to or was born to do at all. Living a life rich in love is the core value and motivation that drives me and inspires me most. In fact, my dream to leave a legacy of love is more than just a dream...it is a deep inner calling within me. It is also the very thing that inspired me to use my talent and passion of creative writing to create this blog as a platform for sharing my inspirational messages of love with you every day this way.

It is my sincere hope, intention, and prayer that by sharing my Inspirational Love Notes messages with you like this, I will not only fulfill my dream to leave a legacy of love upon this earth, but also help awaken the place in other's where love eternally resides and abides in us all. Additionally, my intention for doing this is to inspire you to never give up on love as well. After all, it is the life force energy from which we were all created and the purest, truest nature of our very being. So in all you set out to accomplish in life make sure you leave you room for love. To do otherwise is to have missed out on the sweetest part of life over all.

Until next time....Remember to keep your hearts open and your LOVE light on! ~ Anna MsPoet Hendricks - Your Inspirational Goddess of Love


A One Love Production
Anna MsPoet Hendricks
Copyright 2016



You can also follow me onFacebook@ https://www.facebook.com/InspirationalLoveNotes/

No comments:

Post a Comment