Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Abundantly Blessed

Psalm 115:13-15 says, "The Lord will bless them that worship him, both small and great. The Lord will increase you more and more, you and your children. You are blessed of the Lord who made heaven and earth."

Despite what the news reports say about the employment rate still being at an all time low, regardless of how long the government argues over the current economic situation of our country, you are abundantly blessed. You will continue to see the needs of yourself and your family met. You will continually receive your blessings daily because God is your Power Source and Unlimited Supply. Yet, for those who are more logical than spiritual and need hard core factual proof of this truth, the above referenced scripture is confirmation from God that it is His Divine Will for his people to prosper and continually receive his blessings.

I am living proof of this being true after experiencing three lay-offs between the onset of our countries economic crisis in Spring 2008 and the end of 2010. In fact, I still have not found new employment as of yet in the six months period since my most recent lay-off. Yet neither am I the least bit moved by it. It seemed every time I would find a new job it would last for a while then they'd start downsizing and laying people off due to the economy.

However, instead of seeing it as a lose I turned what appeared to be a negative into a positive. Following my first lay-off I took advantage of the opportunity and went to broadcasting school at Atlanta Broadcast Institute to finish getting my formal education in my career that I already have almost 10yrs experience in actually doing for a living.

Yet, continuing to pursue my career in radio is my passion and long time dream. So I went back to school and graduated as Salutatorian of from my June 2008. Additionally, I received special honors awards for my demonstrated leadership, talent and congenial support of my classmates and during team assignments. Also as a result of that lay-off and going back to broadcasting school, I got the esteemed opportunity to intern with the Director of Production & Promotions and A&R at Record Producer Dallas Austin's recording studio company, DARP, Inc. here in Atlanta.

After the second lay-off a year later in Spring of 2009, I began praying for God to reveal to me His Divine Will and Plan for my life. I asked him to show me what He wanted me to do with my time, my talents and my passion for creative writing and my desire to get my radio show Love Notes back on-air. I asked God to show me how my desires for my life aligned with His Divine Will and calling on the purpose for my life.

He answered me by putting in my spirit the Divine idea to first start sowing a seed by using my time and talent as a contributing writer for my church news magazine. Then he increased and expanded by gift of poetry and creative writing by leading me in spirit to create this blog website as a spin off of my radio show Loves Notes, hence the name of this blog, Inspirational Love Notes.

Just like with my radio show God is using my passion and gift of creative writing to reach his people and keep them encouraged through these trying times. Also, to remind all that God is real and still on the throne. Most importantly God us using my talents to send expressions of His unconditional love through the unique way he expresses himself through my gifts & talents. This is the ultimate purpose for the messages I publish on this blog website and my radio show that is also currently in the workings of being revamped as an internet Podcast show.

Finally, in the last quarter of last year 2010, just in the nick of time when my unemployment ran out God blessed me with the opportunity to start using my years of established experience in the television and radio broadcasting industry to do begin doing freelance work. An old friend and co-worker who I had kept in touch with periodically over the years called me out of the blue and offered me a freelance gig working for her at Turner Broadcasting Entertainment Studios.

I absolutely loved it, made good money and enjoyed it while it lasted. Then when it came to an abrupt end the past December 2010, I continued to trust God for the next blessing that by that point I had grown more than confident was sure to come. In the meantime, I decided to go back to school again. This time I'm currently enrolled at University of Phoenix pursing the completion of my Bachelor's program in Business/Marketing.

I'm not afraid or ashamed to share my very personal experience with you because I know so many of you are, quiet as it's kept, going through the same thing right now. Also, because I know that God would not have allowed me to go through that had he not had a perfectly orchestrated divine plan for me to come out on the other side of it all better off than before.

I know that God allowed me to go through that experience so that I may use my testimony today and in the days to come to be an inspiration to someone else who's struggling in their journey to overcome the same or similar experience. Perhaps that person may be you. Either way, I know that what God did and is doing for me He can and will also do the same for you.

So if you are about to be or is already experiencing being laid-off work, please do not give that job or the people who run that company more power than our Most High God. Walk away from that job knowing who you are in Christ and to whom you belong. God has got your back! Though it may not be an easy journey to overcome I promise you with everything I know to be true about God, I have never seen the righteous forsaken or begging for bread. Trust in the will of God for your life and know that you are abundantly blessed.

In closing, to help you stay in this frame of consciousness I leave you with this affirmative prayer statement:

"Divine Abundance is eternally operating n my life. The plentiful action of God is constant in its support of me, and I am continually aware of this, therefore I relax all concerns. I let go and let God meet every need and fulfill every heart's desire. Freely trusting in God's Fullness of Expression, I give deep and grateful thanks for my invisible supply made visible."

I highly recommend you say this affirmation daily three times upon awaking in the morning to set the tone for you day, then again three times before bed to have as the last thing in your conscious mind before going to sleep. As my Spiritual leader and Pastor, Bishop Dr. Barbara L. King says, I promise you it works if you work it.

Lastly, I also leave you with the song of encouragement linked below off the new cd "The Light of The Sun" by the beautiful Jill Scott to remind you that regardless of your current situation or circumstances if you woke up this morning of sound mind and healthy body surrounded by the slightest degree of expression of love, you are indeed "So....Abundantly...Blessed".



Until next time...I behold the Divinity of Christ in you...and surround you on Love & Light!

A One Love Production
By Anna M. Hendricks
Copyright 2011
References: Bible Scripture, Psalm 115:13-15, Holy Bible Lama's Ancient Eastern Text Translation, Affirmative prayer statement, The 40 Day Prosperity Plan (Hillside Chapel & International Truth Center version adapted from the "Abundance Book" by John Randolph Price)

No comments:

Post a Comment