Friday, August 12, 2011

If God Redirects...You Must Accept

"Many are the plans in a man's or woman's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails" (Proverbs 19:21)

The tendency of many people is to become angry with God when he doesn't answer their prayer in the manner they had planned. Some people had planned marriage, job moves, career moves, location moves, the healthy recovery of loved ones from an illness, the successful start of a business, the educational completion of a particular degree. And God said, "NO" or "WAIT" to their plans sending many into a downward spiritual tailspin all because God didn't answer their prayers the way they had planned.

The Bible clearly states that "Many are the plans in a man's or woman's heart but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." (Proverbs 19:21) Your plans, though important, are secondary to the Will of God. Paul says, "it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose."
(Phil 2:13)

And so, the first thing you and I must always ask of God is "what is Your Will and purpose for my life?" Of course, His Will for us is to always live righteously by faith in Christ Jesus, but God has a plan for your life, As a child of God, you are here to fulfill the Will of God, and in so doing, God blesses you with the desires of your heart if it is "according to His good purpose."

Therefore, continue to plan for your life, but if it's God's Will for you to become something other than what you planned, or to receive something other than what you expected, accept God's purpose for your life. If God redirects your plans, by faith in Christ, you must accept his redirected plan for your life. And with God's redirection in your life, don't get angry or hostile. God's in control of your situation. Accept God's Will for your life knowing that "the Lord's purpose Will prevail." (Proverbs 19:21)

~Author Anonymous

This very insightful message is from a written handout that was given to me in a class I took in the past at church. The original author of it is not stated at the end of it but it is written in the format of a poem. During my prayer and mediation time today on what message to share with you as my Inspirational Love Note for today that continues with the theme for this month on the Spiritual Faculty of Will, this article came to my spirit.

I hope you find it as insightful and thought provoking as I did when it was originally given to me a few years ago during one of the many classes I've taken at my church home Hillside International Chapel & Truth Center, Inc., here in Atlanta, Georgia.

My song selection for today to support this message is another of my all time favorites by Fred Hammond & Radical for Christ, also from his album "Purpose by Design", entitled "I Want My Destiny". Click the link below to check it out then let me know what you think about today's message.

I love hearing your feedback and comments. So continue sending me your Love Notes...and I'll continue sending you mine.



Until next time...I behold the Spirit of Christ in you...and surround you in Love & Light!

A One Love Production
Copyright 2011
By Anna M. Hendricks



No comments:

Post a Comment