Monday, August 29, 2011

Turn Your Lemons Into Lemonade

A few days ago I was making something that required fresh organic lemons as a main ingredient. So my boyfriend stopped by the store and picked some up for me. I only needed a few but instead he brought me a whole bag of them. So later that day I found myself standing in front of the refrigerator holding the door open while staring at that bag of lemons thinking, "why did he bring me a whole bag of lemons? I only needed a few now the rest of them are useless."

Shaking my head and laughing to myself I said, "God what am I suppose to do now with all these lemons?" Then I closed the door to the refrigerator and turned to the kitchen sink to wash some dishes when, still laughing to myself about the matter, I heard that "still small voice" of Spirit within say back to me..."use them to make lots of fresh squeezed lemonade."

At that point I began laughing hysterically out loud at the simplicity of such a clear yet profound epiphany. I say this because this revelation from Spirit was not just in reference to my quandary regarding the bag of lemons in my refrigerator. It was also a metaphor in response to a plea for help and guidance regarding a much bigger, more challenging situation, I was also facing at the time in my personal life that I had just prayed to God about earlier that morning as well during my daily prayer and mediation time.

So I laughed out loud in amazement at how awesome God is. In that same moment I realized the response I had just heard from Spirit, while standing at my kitchen sink trying to figure out what to with that silly bag of lemons, was also the answer for how to address the personal situation in my life I had prayed about as well.

You see, the moral of this story is that no matter what life throws at you there's always hope for turning the situation around in your favor. Sometimes we aim for a particular goal in life or pray for an immensely heartfelt desire to come to pass. Yet, what shows up in front of us instead is a situation that falls short of what we had envisioned and leaves us feeling like we've ended up with a bag of lemons. However, you can always turn your lemons...into lemonade.

Romans 8:28 in the New Living Translation says, "And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." With this being the case, we can take any situation or circumstance that looks and feels like a bag of lemons and trust that despite outer appearances of the situation, God is in the mist of it all working it out in a way that will prove to be something very good for us. We can trust that in the final outcome no matter how bleak the situation currently appears, it will always end up working out in our best interest and highest favor.

So take heed to the wisdom from Spirit that came to me regarding my own personal situation and apply it in your life as well. Take that situation that looks and feels like a bag of lemons in your life and see God turning it into a sweet...refreshing...delicious...organic...hand squeezed by our Most High God...tall pitcher of lemonade.

Remember...no matter how long it takes to see the change you desire in the matter or how old you may be God is still well able. As long as there will always be a God in control of all things in the Universe...likewise there will always be hope for any situation in your life to be turn around for the better.

In closing, I leave you with this uplifting song of positive lyrics, energetic delivery and encouraging message that only the incomparable India Arie can convey in her own unique way through the gift of music. Click the link below to enjoy this inspirational message from her through the video for her song perfectly titled, "There's Hope", from her CD Testimony: Vol. 1, Life & Relationship.



As always, I love hearing from you. So by all means continue to send me your Love Notes...and I'll continue sending you mine.

Until next time...I behold the Spirit of Christ in you...and surround you in Love & Light!

A One Love Production
Copyright 2011
References: Holy Bible, Romans 8:28 New Living Translation Version c2007

No comments:

Post a Comment