Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Seek The Will of God...with Serenity

Continuing with this months theme on the 8th (of the 12) spiritual power faculties, Will and seeking the Will of God rather than forcing our personal will, three things came to my spirit while meditating on what to share with you as my Inspirational Love Notes message today. The first thing was the above subject title, "Seek The Will of God...with Serenity."

Yet, when I heard that still small voice within prompt me to write on the aforementioned subject topic, I asked God to reveal further insight and understanding to me on it from a Spiritual perspective. I asked God to help me more clearly understand what it really means to "Seek The Will God with Serenity" first so that I could more effectively convey this message to you.

Asking that question led me to do some research for you today. What I came up with first is that in order to fully understand the power in and purpose of the wise counsel of the statement, "Seek The Will of God with Serenity", we must first have a clear understanding of the word "Serenity".

According the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, the definition of Serenity is:

:the quality or state of being serene

So I looked up the word Serene as well from the same source and found the following definition:

:clear and free of storms or unpleasant change

Also, following that definition were a list of synonyms that were associated with the word Serenity. Here are a few of them: calmness, peacefulness, quietness, restfulness, stillness, etc.

So with this greater insight we come to understand that by definition the statement and title of this Inspirational Love Notes message, "Seeking The Will of God...with Serenity in essence actually means, To Seek the Will of God with calmness, peacefulness, quietness, restfulness and stillness...expecting to be made clear and free of storms or unpleasant change.

Wow...isn't that very powerful? Some how I get the feeling I speak more than just for myself when I say...I NEVER thought of it that way.

The second thing I was led in spirit to share with you as part of today's Inspirational Love Notes message is the ever popular Serenity Prayer. While I, like many of us, can recite it by heart I was compelled by Spirit to research that as well.

The more popular and familiar version of it as the official adopted prayer of Alcoholics Anonymous is:
"God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and the wisdom to know the difference."

However, in my obedience to Spirit to conduct some research on it, I discovered that the above version we have become so familiar with is actually NOT the original version or extent of this ever popular prayer/poem.

So as a result of my research findings I share with you below the original version of the Serenity Prayer and author in it's entirety. As you read it, see how this complete version of it adds more depth to the message of it and more effective helps to convey today's Inspirational Love Notes message as well.

The Full Original Copy of the Serenity Prayer
by Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)

God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.


The third and final thing I was led in Spirit to share with you as part of today's message to bring it all full circle is this spirit moving, soul stirring, peace giving church hymn linked below. It is so very eloquently performed by Kelly Price and entitled, "I Know Who Holds Tomorrow".



In closing, as you continue to work to overcome, over-stand and wait on your blessings & victory in the situation that are long over-due, remember to "Seek The Will of God...with Serenity" knowing that while we may not know what tomorrow holds...we know who holds tomorrow.

As always, I love hearing your feedback and comments. So by all means continue to send me your Love Notes...and I'll continue sending you mine.

Until next time...I behold the Divinity of Christ in you...and surround you in Love & Light.

A One Love Production
By Anna M. Hendricks
Copyright 2011
Reference: Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary-2011 version, Serenity Prayer, The Voice for Love website, www.thevoiceforlove.com/serenity-prayer










No comments:

Post a Comment